Friday 29 March 2013

Reviewing - Dainty Doll

In my recent Dainty Doll haul, the lipstick to receive the most attention appeared to be Couture so I thought I would review that one first.

All the Dainty Doll products come in sleek black packaging, however unlike the rest of the line, the lipsticks come in solid metal casings and feel very luxurious to the touch. As I mentioned before, the only fault in my eyes is the lack of shade name printed anywhere on the product. 




Couture is a beautiful deep red that can be worn as a light stain or built up to an opaque finish. Although quite a dark colour it has a warmth to it that stops it from washing out fair skin tones. 
The formula is perfectly light weight with next to no bleeding when applied without a lip liner. Each lipstick contains natural plant wax, vitamin E and moisturising meadow foam seed oil. 
Wear time with any lipstick is different from person to person and I find will vary day to day depending on different circumstances. 



Dainty Doll is not tested on animals. 

For reference, I always apply some lip balm and a thin layer of either concealer or foundation to nude out the lip before putting on any lip colour.

2 comments:

  1. Really do like the look of this! But may try not to get it as it will be coming warmer and summer soon so will be getting more pretty pinks instead of deep reds.

    You need to do a Birthday wish list soooonnnn!!!

    Fee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful shade. I remember when this brand launched and thinking oh I can't wear it because i'm not pale but my god this is a beaut :) x

    ReplyDelete